We took food to the Chapel while the service was going on. I could not believe how many people lined the streets. There were American Flags in the ground everywhere. It was an amazing sight to see. An older lady asked me if I knew Josh and I told her I did not and she thanked me for bringing food. I asked her if she knew Josh and she too had never met him. Yet here she was on a Saturday morning waiting outside to pay her tributes.
The post and pictures below were taken from another person who knew Josh that lives in our area.

On September 21, 2007, Joshua Jackson Reeves was born. His mother, Leslie Reeves, phoned her husband, Josh, in Iraq to tell him the happy news. Spc. Joshua H. Reeves was able to hear his son cry before the phone call ended.
Spc. Joshua H. Reeves was killed the next day, September 22, 2007, when a bomb detonated near his vehicle.
The community support was unbelievable. On the way to the funeral, hundreds of people lined up on the side of the road with hands over their hearts and flags waving. The Patriot Guard Riders, a group of bikers who attend funerals of fallen soldiers, stood at attention with flags to form a walkway to the chapel. Hundreds of people who had never met Josh lined the street to show support.

3 comments:
Charis ~ thanks for coming by my blog. I'll have to have my mom introduce us one Sunday. :o)
This funeral was amazing. Although sad, the community response was absolutely uplifting.
btw: I know Kassie from college. I noticed you also know the Hammonds. I knew David, Nick, and Shawn out at BYU also. How fun!
Wow, that gives me goose bumps. What an unfortunate loss, but its amazing that people can come together to mourn with those who mourn...
Post a Comment