5.17.2008

You know you ARE in the South when...

Your neighbor asks you if you want to go in on a calf with them. No more buying our meat from the friendly grocer. No, we go straight to the butcher and we (together with our neighbors) order a WHOLE cow, we tell him exactly how we want the meat cut and we go pick it up and bring it home in our own containers.

That's what we'll be doing for our meat supply next year, well when our neighbors run out of their $1500 worth of meat ;-)

9 comments:

Jared and Katy said...

good one...love it! :)

Charlotta-love said...

Really? no, really? REALLY??!

jrushing said...

Hey that must be the only thing that the West and the South have in common! I will have to tell Shane about that one! I have heard that getting a whole cow is the way to go when buying meat!!

Kirsty said...

LOL at "our own containers"!!! That's a little toooo close to the source for me. I prefer not to think about my meat as anything other then it's final form but I can definitely see the merits of such a method.

I was also ROFL at your lightening bug robber! You know you are from South Africa when....

I am loving all your links btw. I see you are a fellow container/organizing junkie :)

Coordination Queen said...

HAHAHAHA! That is hilarious!

Evelyn said...

You have got to be kidding me! I can't believe that, Charis! THat is absolutely awesome- ha!!

CONGRATS on your wonderful accomplishments... that is just so wonderful that you got in!! Yeah!! And your green card- I'm so happy for you!

Amber said...

Wow! Do you have enough room in you freezer???

Mary Mitchell said...

Wow! I have never heard of that! You'll have to tell us how it goes!

Erin & Teeny said...

That is hillarious! I would totally go in on a cow with you guys, it's so fun to see what you're doing!! We miss seeing you and hope you are both doing well.
Tim and Erin