5.06.2008

3's

Have you ever heard that things often happen in 3's?
Well this week I've received 2 pieces of good news.

1.
I got into UGA. I'll start in the Fall. You'd (well I'd) think I'd get automatic admission seeing as my husband is on faculty and well I can't really go away to school. But I don't, but I did get in all by myself. That's good news.
2.
My Green Card finally came, it only took a whole year. I assumed my ten year one would be approved but still you want the card in hand to know for sure. Well it arrived today. Yay. No more renewing and paying attorney fees and going to appointments. Next step - CITIZENSHIP. It's not that I want to give up my SA Citizenship, I just won't renew my SA Passport when it expires (in 10 years ;-) Renewing a SA Passport in the US is a hassle.
3.
I am still waiting for that one :-)

9 comments:

brooke romney said...

Congratulations girlie. I wonder if there is a hot professor who can tutor you??

Charlotta-love said...

maybe you are going to go grocery shopping and chocolate is on sale!

Lisa Henderson said...

Congrats! Cant wiat to hear what the third is. What are you going to study?

Charis said...

Brooke - I do have a hot prof. to tutor me and he did a great job in helping me get a 99 in Math :-) However I am NOT taking ANY business classes for fear that I may embarrass him with how poorly I may do :-) Just kidding. I doubt I'll take classes in the Business School though.

Charlotta-love - Funny you should mention that :-) I was on the hunt for the new mint crispy M & M's and yesterday I FOUND THEM. I was so happy and they are sooooooo tasty. I hope my good news is a little better than that, though that was VERY good ;-)

Henderson - Elementary Ed. or Early Childhood Development...makes me think of our old KC days.

Melissa said...

I am sure that #3 is just around the corner!

Melinda said...

Congrats and Congrats! I hope #3 is just as wonderful as the first two!

Tran said...

Congrats Charis on news one and two. The third will arrive sooner than you may think and it will definitely be great news too. I just got my green card too and am excited of the freedom it gives me.

Sara said...

Congratulations Charis!! I was reading your comment...how are the mint crispy M&M's?? I really want to try them:)

Seth & Courtney said...

Congrats on 1 & 2! Hope the M&M's will last you until #3 comes your way. I love the quotes you post too. They always seem to be something I need to hear.