11.24.2008

Twilight

I have mixed feelings about Twilight.   
I am glad I saw it and I'll definitely see the next one.  
But this one was not what I had expected. 
What are your Twilight thoughts? 

10 comments:

teage-and-erin said...

oh boy do I have thoughts on this!!! I will have to email you....hehe. YOu know what though? I saw it a second time and liked it much better....I would suggest going again. :) Hope you guys are doing great!
-Erin

Trisha said...

I read all the books but wasnt too excited about the movie coming out. I havnt seen it yet but it got horrible reviews. I like to wait until the hype dies down. What did you think?

Jared and Katy said...

I have the same exact feelings about it, I really want to see it again before I say anymore

Coordination Queen said...

I took it for what it was, entertainment. I loved the books. Didn't love the movie, but I did enjoy it. There were things in the movie that bugged me, but I also have to remember that it was just twilight they were doing. I think a lot of people feel like they did a bad job with the cullens/bella relationships, but let's be honest those relationships and characters that we all love developed over the course of 4 books... not just the 1st one. So taking that into consideration, I think they did a good job with what they were working with.

Wow, that was a really long comment.

The Baker said...

i agree with the last post. i think it was entertaining, not the best movie i've seen but i thought they did a good job. i will for sure see the rest of them.

spaceyhawks said...

I liked it. It had some seriously cheesy parts, and don't get me started on the awkwardness of their first kiss. Other than that I liked it. They did a good job for what they could cram from a 400 page book into a two hour movie.

Tara said...

I still haven't seen it!! I know I'm insane, right?

Greenville 5th said...

I really liked twilight. I don not think it was the best movie I have ever seen, however, I think it followed the book's chain of events quite well. It was definately low budget, and a bit cheesy, but, I was entertained.
Can't wait to see the following movies, hoepfully they will invest more money into their sets and work a little longer on the plot:)

Erin & Teeny said...

I felt betrayed... what an awesome book, the movie didn't do it justice! I will see the next one, my hope is that it'll be better with a bigger budget and a different director. I also have to admit I was very annoyed seeing it with all the giggling teenage girls in the audience... can you tell I have some strong feelings about it?! We miss you guys!

Seth & Courtney said...

Ah Twilight, my favorite little get away. While the movie had a ton of shortcomings and I hated it the first time I saw it, I have to admit that it was better the second and third time in the theater. At least the next movie is bound to be better.

I've decided that a big redeeming quality is that the movie is better for my family and spirituality as I negelect my kids, housework, and scripture reading for fewer hours when I get my fix on the movie instead of the book.