oh my gosh this is all sooo exciting... When are you going to post prego pics? Anyway just my opinion we love our van (toyota Sienna) there is soooo much room and they are great for family. Good luck!
I have to say I told Joey when we got married I never wanted to be a mini van driver and he agreed he didn't want a mini van driving wife... so then this past summer we borrowed Joey's brother's Honda Odyssey while we were out west and fell in love!!! Its true there is so much room, the doors don't swing out so you don't have to worry about hitting cars next to you when you park (and you need that room for kids and their carseats) When the time comes we have both rethought our previous stances and would love the mini-van!!! Plus the one we drove got good gas mileage:)
I don't have any experience with either, but I say mini-van all the way....they're made for kids, unlike a SUV! And the automatic sliding doors are amazing!
Charis! I am so excited for you! Its been a while since I read the blog... so I was confused why you wanted a minivan and then I scrolled down... Yeah! Congrats!
My vote is a van. VAN VAN VAN VAN! We waited a long time to get a van... I was holding back for that coolness factor.. but lets face it, the van is back!
We love our van... so much more room and they aren't difficult to manuever. We love our sister's Odyssey even more... its totally the way to go!
We have the Volvo SUV. Volvo's have the image of being a "Mom" car. While I love having an SUV it really is not practical. Our infant carrier car seat doesn't fit behind the driver seat. My suggestion - take a car seat with you when test driving to make sure it fits. Also, as someone mentioned above, it is difficult to get enough room to open the door all the way to get the car seat in and out when in tight parking spaces and also in our garage on the side against the wall. The sliding doors on the van would be nice. Plus, if the suv you are looking at has a third row seat, just beware that probably only someone under the age of six will fit comfortably.
I have three siblings who have Odysseys and they all LOVE them. If our next car is a mini van it is the one I would be getting.
So excited for ya'll. I hope you are feeling well.
Um...I could do a commercial for my Chrystler Town and Country mini. I really love it that much. Side doors and trunk that open and close with the push of a button, extra storage in the back and under each seat, seats that fold completely flat. LOVE IT!!!
I was one of those who never wanted to drive a van, until I had two kids and all of their stuff to haul around. Now I'm trying Jake in to buying another one that's a little nicer. I'm so excited for y'all!
Ok I think you have been out numbered here. Just the thought of having a mini van sounds horrible (trust me I know, I drove one in high school).... BUT you are having two! And with one its hard enough to open the door, hold it open, make sure you don't hit the car next to you, scoot your buggy in, and last but not least get your babies out with car seats.... Hard work I'm telling you.
I vote mini van! Don't worry I will petition if Andy doesn't want to get you an SUV in a couple of years!!!
the odyssey is home on wheels...everything you need: space/storage, 45 cup holders, hopefully the dvd player, can see out from every window, oh..and the total "cool factor"! :0
Minivan, definitely. At first we didn't want to go down that "uncool" road, but wow is it better. All of our friends that have SUV's with children get in our van and love the space and ease of use. Both the Odyssey and Sienna are great.
Mary's car seat does not buckle securely in my VERY OLD SUV. When she is riding with me and I turn a corner, she says, "Oma, I am tripping" (tipping). The newer models probably accomodate car seats better, but when my old Explorer dies, I am getting a Honda Odyssey so my grandbabies won't be tripping
Go for the mini-van for sure. We tried so hard to make the Honda Pilot work when we were car shopping but the third row was virtually unusable. Our 3 year old's legs wouldn't fit if she was in a small booster. Cargo space was lacking and the Pilot supposedly had the best cargo space for a SUV in its class...And you will need lots of cargo space.
We opted for a Toyota Sienna and have been very happy with it. You can't go wrong with an Odyssey either. Love, love sliding doors and quite frankly, minivans are very comfortable and they handle great. I feel cool drivin' my mini. Maybe I'm weird but I think minivans, particularly the Odyssey are beautiful looking cars.
Minivan! :) As others have mentioned, the 3rd row doesn't always work (in fact, we hardly ever use ours in our verso) and SPACE is a must! Especially with your need for a twin pram, twin nappy bags, etc, etc, etc... :)
First of all, congrats! Second, go with the minivan. We just got an Odyssey for our twins even though they're not here yet. Even with just our one daughter, the convenience of our Odyssey far outweighs the cool factor from our previous family car - an SUV. We've got several friends with twins and we're already learning that twins are way different than having 2 kids of different ages. Unless you don't mind lots of extra hassle, I think you'll really regret buying anything other than a minivan.
No doubt the mini van is the better option - especially with sliding doors and built in sun shades for the Honda Odyssey. We bought a 2006 Odyssey and love it. Plus, as the kids get older, they won't hit the cars next to them when they open the doors.
16 comments:
oh my gosh this is all sooo exciting... When are you going to post prego pics? Anyway just my opinion we love our van (toyota Sienna) there is soooo much room and they are great for family. Good luck!
Had a van and loved it.
Have a small SUV and love it more.
I wont lie, its the cool factor.
I have to say I told Joey when we got married I never wanted to be a mini van driver and he agreed he didn't want a mini van driving wife... so then this past summer we borrowed Joey's brother's Honda Odyssey while we were out west and fell in love!!! Its true there is so much room, the doors don't swing out so you don't have to worry about hitting cars next to you when you park (and you need that room for kids and their carseats) When the time comes we have both rethought our previous stances and would love the mini-van!!! Plus the one we drove got good gas mileage:)
I don't have any experience with either, but I say mini-van all the way....they're made for kids, unlike a SUV! And the automatic sliding doors are amazing!
Charis! I am so excited for you! Its been a while since I read the blog... so I was confused why you wanted a minivan and then I scrolled down... Yeah! Congrats!
My vote is a van. VAN VAN VAN VAN! We waited a long time to get a van... I was holding back for that coolness factor.. but lets face it, the van is back!
We love our van... so much more room and they aren't difficult to manuever. We love our sister's Odyssey even more... its totally the way to go!
Congrats!
We have the Volvo SUV. Volvo's have the image of being a "Mom" car. While I love having an SUV it really is not practical. Our infant carrier car seat doesn't fit behind the driver seat. My suggestion - take a car seat with you when test driving to make sure it fits. Also, as someone mentioned above, it is difficult to get enough room to open the door all the way to get the car seat in and out when in tight parking spaces and also in our garage on the side against the wall. The sliding doors on the van would be nice. Plus, if the suv you are looking at has a third row seat, just beware that probably only someone under the age of six will fit comfortably.
I have three siblings who have Odysseys and they all LOVE them. If our next car is a mini van it is the one I would be getting.
So excited for ya'll. I hope you are feeling well.
Um...I could do a commercial for my Chrystler Town and Country mini. I really love it that much. Side doors and trunk that open and close with the push of a button, extra storage in the back and under each seat, seats that fold completely flat. LOVE IT!!!
I was one of those who never wanted to drive a van, until I had two kids and all of their stuff to haul around. Now I'm trying Jake in to buying another one that's a little nicer. I'm so excited for y'all!
Ok I think you have been out numbered here.
Just the thought of having a mini van sounds horrible (trust me I know, I drove one in high school).... BUT you are having two! And with one its hard enough to open the door, hold it open, make sure you don't hit the car next to you, scoot your buggy in, and last but not least get your babies out with car seats.... Hard work I'm telling you.
I vote mini van! Don't worry I will petition if Andy doesn't want to get you an SUV in a couple of years!!!
the odyssey is home on wheels...everything you need: space/storage, 45 cup holders, hopefully the dvd player, can see out from every window, oh..and the total "cool factor"! :0
I drive one...didn't plan on it...but I LOVE it.
Minivan, definitely. At first we didn't want to go down that "uncool" road, but wow is it better. All of our friends that have SUV's with children get in our van and love the space and ease of use. Both the Odyssey and Sienna are great.
Mary's car seat does not buckle securely in my VERY OLD SUV. When she is riding with me and I turn a corner, she says, "Oma, I am tripping" (tipping). The newer models probably accomodate car seats better, but when my old Explorer dies, I am getting a Honda Odyssey so my grandbabies won't be tripping
Go for the mini-van for sure. We tried so hard to make the Honda Pilot work when we were car shopping but the third row was virtually unusable. Our 3 year old's legs wouldn't fit if she was in a small booster. Cargo space was lacking and the Pilot supposedly had the best cargo space for a SUV in its class...And you will need lots of cargo space.
We opted for a Toyota Sienna and have been very happy with it. You can't go wrong with an Odyssey either. Love, love sliding doors and quite frankly, minivans are very comfortable and they handle great. I feel cool drivin' my mini. Maybe I'm weird but I think minivans, particularly the Odyssey are beautiful looking cars.
Come on, everyone is doing it.
Minivan! :) As others have mentioned, the 3rd row doesn't always work (in fact, we hardly ever use ours in our verso) and SPACE is a must! Especially with your need for a twin pram, twin nappy bags, etc, etc, etc... :)
VERY exciting!
First of all, congrats! Second, go with the minivan. We just got an Odyssey for our twins even though they're not here yet. Even with just our one daughter, the convenience of our Odyssey far outweighs the cool factor from our previous family car - an SUV. We've got several friends with twins and we're already learning that twins are way different than having 2 kids of different ages. Unless you don't mind lots of extra hassle, I think you'll really regret buying anything other than a minivan.
No doubt the mini van is the better option - especially with sliding doors and built in sun shades for the Honda Odyssey. We bought a 2006 Odyssey and love it. Plus, as the kids get older, they won't hit the cars next to them when they open the doors.
Chad
Post a Comment