3.16.2008

The Worth of a Soul

If you've read my blog over a period of time, you'll know by now that my brother and and sister-in-law have adopted a little black girl. I saw this picture on a blog and I just love it. Perhaps even more so because of Jessica.

When I first posted this picture I did not know the story behind it. Take a look here if you are interested in reading more about the picture.

6 comments:

Trisha said...

You should read a great book called "The Color of Water". It is a true story about a boy whose dad is black and his mom is jewish. He wonders what color God is, and his mom tells him God is the color of water. It is a very inspiring story.

brooke romney said...

I think that is a gorgeous photo. Thanks for sharing.

Melinda said...

I love that Charis.

Charlotta-love said...

Aww. I looked at that picture before I read your description and thought, "oh, this picture is perfect for her brother." Obviously, you were already a few steps ahead.

Tara said...

I love this picture - I don't know if you have seen the slide show on my blog from a while back that has all the pictures of the photo shoot in Zambia that they did before she painted this picture. If you have not you much check it out - those pictures bring tears to my eyes.

Janine Doller said...

Charis, I was thinking exactly the same thing when I saw this pic - Jessica... Thank you for this. Also watched the slide-show. It is amazing, and so heart-warming to see such love and charity still at work in the world today!